Welcome to Graphic Design!
I am excited to start of the new school year with TEAMS and HYBRID schedules. Thank you for your patience as I update my website and learn teams. I look forward to working with you this semester.
Graphic Design is a semester-long, project-based class. This course will introduce the role graphic design plays in the world. We will learn how to create eye catching designs using the elements of art and principles of design.
Students will collect their design projects throughout the course and publish a finished portfolio of their work. Students will be asked to present their portfolio and reflect on their work at the end of the semester.
- Students will be graded on objectives for each lesson.
- Lessons will cover various skills and techniques.
- Students will be evaluated on effort, time management, craftsmanship, design and creativity.
- During long term assignments, students will receive a weekly evaluation grade.
- Each student will receive up to 5 points per week.
- Students will earn rubric points and will be posted on Edline each week.
- Each day, students will receive 1 or 0 points based on their readiness to learn.
- If student is late, is disruptive, or failing to meet dress code requirements, the students will lose their rubric point for the day.
Make up work and make up tests:
- Students will be allowed to make up work missed due to excused absences.
- It is the student’s responsibility to check for missed work and make necessary arrangements with the teacher.
- Incomplete and late work results in loss of points.
- It is the students responsibilty to keep up with class work and ask for help when needed.
Degrees and Certifications: