Welcome to Digital Photography!
I am excited to start of the new school year with TEAMS and HYBRID schedules. Thank you for your patience as I update my website and learn teams. Class content can be found in your Microsoft Teams class.
- Digital Photography is open to all students, and no prior art experience is necessary. This course will introduce students to the digital image making process that includes digital photography skills, framing techniques, light studio, visual literacy, and creative thought
- Students will learn digital photography as a form of self-expression. Over the course of the semester, students will create a portfolio of work that will be showcased in a Final Project Slideshow on the last days of class.
- Students will be graded on objectives for each lesson.
- Lessons will cover various skills and techniques.
- Students will be evaluated on effort, time management, craftsmanship, design and creativity.
- During long term assignments, students will receive a weekly evaluation grade.
Make up work and make up tests:
- Students will be allowed to make up work missed due to excused absences.
- It is the student’s responsibility to check for missed work and make necessary arrangements with the teacher.
- Incomplete and late work results in loss of points.
- It is the students responsibilty to keep up with class work and ask for help when needed.
Degrees and Certifications:
This is Ms. Sweeney's 9th year at St. Joseph High School. She teaches digital photography, graphic design, and studio art classes. She also moderates the yearbook and photo club.