This course is open to all students, and no prior art experience is necessary. The focus of the course will be the elements and principles of art, hands on experience with a variety of art materials and communication through art.
- Students will be graded on objectives for each lesson.
- Lessons will cover various skills and techniques.
- Students will be evaluated on effort, time management, craftsmanship, design and creativity.
- During long term assignments, students will receive a weekly evaluation grade.
- Each student will receive up to 5 points per week.
- Students will earn rubric points and will be posted on Edline each week.
- Each day, students will receive 1 or 0 points based on their readiness to learn.
- If student is late, is disruptive, or failing to meet dress code requirements, the students will lose their rubric point for the day.
Make up work and make up tests:
- Students will be allowed to make up work missed due to excused absences.
- It is the student’s responsibility to check for missed work and make necessary arrangements with the teacher.
- Incomplete and late work results in loss of points.
- It is the students responsibilty to keep up with class work and ask for help when needed.