• Jobs & Work Permit

    Job Opportunities

    Listen to the daily announcements for job opportunities in the area.  You can also view the daily announcements on the SJHS mainpage under the "Links" section.

    Work Permits

    An “Employment Certificate for Minors” is required for any student under the age of 16 who wishes to work part-time in any capacity in Illinois.  Your student’s school counselor can issue these certificates provided the intended job meets certain safety standards.  Your student does not need an employment certificate to apply for a job.  Because the certificate requires employer information, a certificate can only be issued once a student has accepted or intends to accept a position.  Your student must provide his/her counselor with the employer’s information including business name, address and phone number.  Once you have this information, please see your counselor who will submit the form online.  Your counselor will also give you two printed copies: one for your employer and one for the student/parent.  If you have any questions, please contact your student’s counselor.

    For more information, visit the Illinois Department of Labor website.

    During summer break, please contact Mr. Korso via email to request a work permit.